Conference Recognizes Associates, Restaurants for Exemplary Leadership Contributions
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern, a nationally-recognized casual American restaurant and tavern, recently honored two restaurants and three associates for their outstanding performances in 2018. The awards were presented at the company’s annual Leadership Conference held in Louisville, KY.
“Rusty Bucket’s success over the last year is attributed to our hardworking associates,” said Gary Callicoat, president, Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern. “These leaders fully embrace the ‘Bucket Life’ culture, both professionally and personally by their commitment to quality, dedication to local communities, and providing genuine hospitality to every guest.”
Awards were presented to Rusty Bucket restaurants as well as outstanding associates.
2018 Rusty Bucket Restaurant Awards
- Streetfighter Award: Rusty Bucket in Solon, OH, was honored with the Streetfighter Award, which recognizes the restaurant that is most active and engaged in their local community. The Solon Rusty Bucket has also championed the company’s Dine ‘n Donate program, giving back $1,453 to local organizations in their community. The Rusty Bucket Dine ‘n Donate program allows non-profits, school organizations, and community groups the opportunity to raise funds by dining at a Rusty Bucket Restaurant and Tavern location on a specific day.
- Store of the Year Award: Rusty Bucket in Bexley, OH, was named Store of the Year. The Bexley location is led by General Manager Josh Waters and Executive Chef Mike Gardner.
- Executive Chef of the Year: Executive Chef Anthony MacAdam of Rusty Bucket in New Albany, OH, was honored as the Executive Chef of the Year. MacAdam started his career at Rusty Bucket in 2011 as a grill cook. He was quickly promoted to Sous Chef and then Executive Chef, working at several Rusty Bucket locations in Michigan and Ohio.
- General Manager of the Year: Jen Walton was named Rusty Bucket’s General Manager of the Year. Walton is the general manager for the Upper Arlington, OH, restaurant location. She started her career with Rusty Bucket in 2012, started at the Bexley Rusty Bucket as a server. She was quickly promoted to Dining Room Manager at the company’s Dublin location, supported opening the company’s Easton location, and then was promoted to General Manager of the Upper Arlington location in 2013.
- Bucket Life Award: This year’s Bucket Life Award was presented to John Lump, Rusty Bucket’s account manager. Lump started his career at Rusty Bucket in 2015. He lives and breathes the Rusty Bucket culture by always making the answer yes. He is an integral part of the daily Rusty Bucket operations and was the clear choice for this prestigious award.
About Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern:
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Rusty Bucket, a sister company of Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, was founded in 2002 and currently operates 23 locations in Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Indiana, North Carolina and Colorado. Rusty Bucket is a nationally-recognized brand with recent accolades, including Technomic’s Top 500 Leading U.S. Chain Restaurants, FSR 50’s Top 10 Fast Growing, High-Performing Chains, and ranked on Restaurant Business’ Future 50 list. Rusty Bucket was also named by Nation’s Restaurant News as a 2014 Breakout Brand.
Rusty Bucket has an award-winning beverage program. In 2017, Rusty Bucket was honored with two VIBE Vista Awards in the Multi-Unit Chain segment in two categories: Best Spirits and Best Overall program.
For more information, visit MyRustyBucket.com.